Cinco De Mayo is coming, and fast at that. If you’re planning on having friends and family over and want to absolutely wow them, I’ve gathered a list of possible food and decor options to really be the hostess with the mostess. You’ll have them begging for you to plan upcoming parties and holidays.
Cinco De Mayo has evolved into a holiday to commemorate Mexican culture through parades, dancing, parties, food and especially drinking. If you’re throwing a party with friends and family this year, we’ve got you covered with some recipes and decoration ideas. If you aren’t throwing a party this year, these recipes and decor ideas will make you reconsider.
Parties are not the place to calorie count, so plan to have all of your party food essentials to keep all of your guests happy. Bring out the assortment of chips, dips, candy bowls, etc.
Here are some recipes that will bring your party food to the next level:
You can make these with the extra avocado that you will most likely have after you’re done making all that holy guacamole. Serve these with some sriracha lime mayo and voila! Read the recipe here.
2. Pinto Bean Salsa SaladThis super easy salad will be great on it’s own, with chips or greens. Read the recipe here.
3. Margarita Cupcakes with Tequila Cream Cheese Frosting
Read the full recipe here.
Is it a Mexican celebration if you don’t have churros? Here is a simple recipe for these delicious and easy party snacks.
These simple and super affordable decor ideas will add the finishing touches to your table tops and party.
You can use those empty Corona & hot sauce bottles as a small vase for a flower arrangement at the center of your tables for an authentic, rustic aesthetic.
Take all those empty food cans and fill them up with cutlery, flowers or candy to switch out your normal, everyday serving bowls.
Check out this website where you can find a variety of party decor thats guarantied to be in your budget!
If you’re having any type of party, I suggest having a signature drink. Since we’re coming into the summer months, lets keep it light and refreshing. Try this Cucumber Agua Fresca, perfect for Cinco De Mayo. You can have it alcohol free or add in some tequila or vodka for the adults.
- 1lb cucumbers (about 2 medium sized cucumbers), coarsely chopped with peel on
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (4 small limes)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1bsp minced fresh ginger
- 12 oz (1 1/2 cups) club soda
- Slice of lime for garnish (optional)
- Combine everything but club soade in blender. Blend until pureed and sugar dissolves, about 1 minute
- Strain through fine-meshed sieve, stirring and pressing on solids to extract liquid. Pour liquid into pitcher and use immediately, or chill up to 2 days
- Pour over ice and top each serving with about 3 tbsp club soda
While we’re on the topic of drinks, it’s also a great idea to set up your own cocktail mixer table. It will bring a catered vibe to your party that will wow your guests into feelings like they’re being spoiled. Set up a table with an array of mixing juices and garnishes for those who need a little sweetness in their drinks.
These recipes are great for any day of the week, who says you need Cinco De Mayo to enjoy some amazing food and drinks?! We all hope you have a fun and safe Cinco De Mayo!